New Delhi: Petitions filed seeking the continuation of Lord Jagannath’s rath yatra will be heard in the Supreme Court on Monday. A dozen petitions have been filed in the Supreme Court for the removal of Lord Jagannath’s Rath Yatra in Puri. One of these petitions is also from a Muslim youth.
The petition said that Lord Jagannath’s rath yatra is a centuries-old tradition, in which crores of people have faith. The petitioner has demanded that Puri’s main rath yatra be allowed to be taken out. Not only 500-600 people should be allowed to travel and worship for lakhs of people, who should take full care of rescue guidelines and physical distancing in view of Corona crisis.
Significantly, the Supreme Court had last Thursday banned the Jagannath Yatra and its activities in Puri, Odisha due to the Corona crisis. The yatra was to be taken out on 23 June, in which more than 10 lakh people were expected to gather, this program runs for about 10 days.
The Supreme Court had said that this order is necessary for the health of the people. During the hearing, the Supreme Court also apologized to Lord Jagannath.
Chief Justice of India SA Bobde had said, ‘Lord Jagannath will not forgive us if we allow it. Such events cannot take place at the time of the epidemic. This order is necessary for the health of the people.’
In fact, to stop the yatra, an NGO had filed a petition in the Supreme Court last week, saying that the state government was not able to take a decision on the order to stop the yatra and the preparations for the yatra were going on very fast, in which millions of people Will gather crowds, which may further spread the corona epidemic.
Explain that last week, an NGO had filed a petition in the Supreme Court, saying that the state government was not able to take a decision on the order to stop Lord Jagannath’s Rath Yatra and the preparations for the Rath Yatra were going on very fast. A crowd of millions will gather in the Rath Yatra. In such a situation, the corona epidemic can spread.