New Delhi: In view of the Independence Day celebrations to be held at the Red Fort on August 15, many route diverters will remain. The entry of commercial vehicles in the capital Delhi will be completely banned from 12 pm on August 14 to 11 am on August 15. From 15 AM to 10 AM on August 15, C-Hexagon India Gate, Copernix Marg, Mandi House, Sikandra Road, W Point, A-Point, Tilak Marg, Mathura Road, BSZ Marg, Subhash Marg, JL Nehru Marg and Ring Do not use the road.
Take the road between Nizamuddin Bridge and ISBT Bridge and the outer ring road and other routes from Salimgarh Bypass to ISBT by IP Flyover as advised.
Traffic completely closed on 8 routes:
Delhi Gate to Chatta Rail on Netaji Subhash Marg.
- From GPO Delhi to Chatta Rail on Lothian Road.
- From HC Sen Marg to Yamuna Bazar Chowk on Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Marg.
Fountain Chowk to Lal Quila Chowk at Chandni Chowk.
- via Nishad Raj Marg to Netaji Subhash Marg via Ring Road.
- From Alexander Road to Netaji Subhash Marg on Link Road.
- Rajghat to ISBT on Ring Road.
- From ISBT to IP flyover on Outer Ring Road.
Route from North to South Delhi:
- Sri Aurobindo Marg – Safdarjung Road – Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street – Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani reached via Jhansi Road.
- Reach Connaught Place, then from here on Minto Road Bhavuti Marg – Ajmeri Gate – Shraddhanand Marg – Lahori Gate Chowk – Naya Bazar – Yellow Kothi – Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Road.
– Ring Road ISBT to Salimgarh Bypass Road- Go to North Delhi by IP State Flyover.
To cross the Yamuna from Nizamuddin Bridge, cross Pushta Road and ISBT and reach North Delhi.
Route from East to West Delhi:
- DND-NH 24-Vikas Marg-Shahdara Bridge and Wazirabad to go to Ring Road.
- Vikas Marg – DDU Marg – Bhagwati Marg – DBG Marg arrived.
-Bar Khana-Rani Jhansi Road-DBG Road-Reach Pachkuian Road.
Geeta Colony Flyover Closed:
Geeta Colony flyover towards Shantivan will be closed. On the ring road, traffic will be restricted from ISBT side to Shantivan and from IP flyover to Rajpath.
The entry of interstate buses closed:
Commercial vehicles will be banned on this route from 12 pm on August 14 to 11 am on August 15. Interstate buses will not be able to reach Maharana Pratap ISBT and Sarai Kale Khan ISBT between 4 to 11 am on August 15. Buses have been suggested to go through GT Road, Wazirabad Road and NH-24 alternate routes to the respective states.
Buses will be stopped at the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, New Delhi Railway Station. Buses coming from South West Delhi and West Delhi have been diverted in front of Ramlila Maidan on Jawaharlal Nehru Marg. Buses coming from North, North Western and East Delhi will be stopped at Mori Gate and Tis Hazari. From here, through the bridge Dufferin and Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Marg, travellers can walk to the Red Fort on foot. Buses coming from Ring Road towards North Delhi will be stopped in the opposite direction of Maharaja Agrasen Park.