Washington: A top White House official said on Monday that the US military would “stand firmly with it in relation to the conflict between India and China or elsewhere.” The officer’s statement came after two aircraft carriers were deployed in Sagar.
White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows told Fox News in response to a question, “The message is clear. We cannot stand and let China or anyone else hold the command in terms of being the most powerful or effective force, whether it is in that region or here.”
Meadows said that the US has sent two aircraft carriers to the South China Sea. He said, “Our mission is to make sure that the world knows that we still have the world’s best force.”
Chinese soldiers withdraw from Galwan
India banned several Chinese apps after Indian soldiers were martyred in clashes with Chinese soldiers last month. The deadlock has continued between India and China troops in several areas of eastern Ladakh including Pangong So, Galwan Valley and Gogra Hot Spring for eight weeks.
However, the situation worsened when 20 military personnel of India were killed in a clash between soldiers of the two countries in the Galwan Valley on 15 June. The Chinese Army started withdrawing its troops on Monday from Galwan Valley and Gogra Hot Spring.
National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi spoke on the telephone on Sunday in which they agreed to complete the “rapid” withdrawal of troops from the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
China is involved in regional disputes in the South China Sea and the East China Sea. China claims almost the entire South China Sea. Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan also have claimed over the region.