New Delhi: Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh says that the investigation into the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput has gone on the back burner, he on Monday sought a response from the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which is now Is investigating the matter. State Home Minister Anil Deshmukh sought to know about the status of the investigation after it was more than six weeks while investigating the case by the CBI.
Anil Deshmukh raised questions
Deshmukh said, ‘You all know that the case of Sushant’s death was being investigated by Maharashtra Police and Mumbai Police in a very professional manner. But it was suddenly handed over to the CBI.’ Deshmukh said, ‘We want to know eagerly. Even people are now asking whether Sushant died by suicide or was killed. We want the details of the CBI investigation to be revealed.’
CBI spokesperson’s statement
Shortly after the minister’s statement, the CBI released a statement on the issue from New Delhi. CBI spokesperson R.K. Gaur said, ‘The CBI is investigating professionally in the death case of Sushant Singh Rajput, in which all aspects are being looked into and no aspect has been ruled out so far. The investigation is on. While the CBI is conducting a holistic investigation focusing on the death of the actor, two other central agencies, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) are investigating the case from the Financial and Drugs Angle.’
20 people arrested so far
Though no arrests have been made so far in connection with the investigation by the CBI and ED, the NCB, taking swift action, has so far arrested 20 people. It is also questioning several prominent Bollywood celebrities such as Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan and Shraddha Kapoor. Those arrested include Bollywood actress Rhea Chakraborty, her brother Showik and 18 other drug peddlers, suppliers, traders, etc. Some are in NCB custody, some are in judicial custody and the rest are out on bail.